Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Proposal

We'd Been talking about getting married for months. We even went to look at Venues before we were officially engaged. Then before we knew it we had booked a venue. Josh had asked me multiple times to Marry him and I kept telling him no, I actually said " I'll Marry you when you ask me properly". I don't know exactly how things got put into motion but we were just looking and thinking about getting married next Fall. Now here we are.

He proposed (officially) on June 30, 2008. I had been in Huntsville, Alabama on Business for 3 weeks. I was exhausted, and I had just come home the day before. That Morning I had gotten up and gone to work like any other morning, and like any other day when I got home from work the first thing I did was say hello, give him a kiss, and head upstairs to change. I walked into the bathroom and there were candles on the counter by the sinks. I was confused as to what was going on so I turned around to back downstairs, and he was standing there, so I asked what the candles were for. About that time I turned around and noticed the tub was full of water and bubbles and there were also candles all around. I melted. He put his hand in his pocket pulled out the box and said "will you marry me" with the cutest smile he could muster. At this point I was almost in tears. Then I noticed the box was blue. My eyes got so big, I read the Top and sure enough it said " Tiffany &Co. " I got even more excited as he pulled the interior box out and opened it up. Inside was the perfect ring, with the perfect sized diamond. It's beautiful and I love it. I feel like the Luckiest girl in the world, and I'm so happy. He is amazing when it comes to picking stuff out for me. He even picked out the wedding bands and they are beautiful. I have never been happier in my life.

No comments: